WHY AM I AIMING TO BE A DOCTOR?
PUBLISHED: MAY 19, 2009
AFTER 4 hours of waiting for my mom's doctor and reading all the medical mags around that office, i truly realized my so called: "CALLING".
Now i present you the 10 reasons why i am destined to be a doctor.
10. When i was young, i never dreamed of becoming a doctor.
9. But then at that same age, i used to read all those medical encyclopedias rotten in our book shelves. I didnt understand any of it, really. I just wanted to drool over the acid-churning pictures of the different types of gross looking situations people go over the course of their lives.
8. When i fell off the tree when i was 8, i was rushed into an o.r and had my right brow stitched, i was dazed by that "SPOTLIGHT".
7. I was a mediocre student from grade school to highschool. I was never a fan of
BIO, CHEM, PHYSICS, or MATH even for that matter. I still am actually at present. Who cares? Does your patients need a transcript of records in times of adversities? Actually, that's what i am sticking with.
6. People might see me as an: "I-DONT-CARE" KIND of person but I DO CARE.
COMPASSION AND SELFLESSNESS ARE TWO DIFFERENT WORDS. I care alot about people but I know where I stand.
5. My parents never wanted me to venture into anything and i let them. I didnt go to U.P [check], and now they are afraid to send me to med school because i seem to have not prove myself just yet [another check].
I just realized now that i have been letting them hinder yet another chance out of a new lease in life.
But no one can stop me from doing this now. IF I HAVE TO DO THIS ON MY OWN,
THEN SO BE IT.
4. COLLEGE HAS OPENED A LOT OF DOORS FOR ME.
Looking back, i see an AB-GEN student,
slept during her entrance exam in Miriam
because she was out all night drinking with friends,
barely hanged on in her first year,
OVER CUT all their subjects,
All my friends were appalled that i seem decided to really pursue medicine.
Of course, they all know me as the:
"LET'S-HAVE-A-DRINK-AND-FOOL-AROUND" girl but WHO KNOWS?
I COULD ALSO BE THE: "ONE-OF-THE-BEST-KEPT-SECRET-DOCTOR-OF-ALL-TIME" right?
I certainly hope so.
3. I want to be the first doctor in my family
because i want to return the favor of life to
those whom sacrificed theirs to let me enjoy
mine. My mom and dad isn't that bad after all.
If i sum everything up, in the end this life is
unfathomable without theirs.
2. I always say to people who qualm my being that I AM DESTINED TO BE GREAT.
I'm not even halfway there yet, but
one day, that is going to be a FACT.
ONE DAY, i believe that i can pat myself
in the back and say:
"It's been one hell of a ride
but you made it happen."
1. I AM AIMING TO BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR
BECAUSE I MADE A PROMISE TO GOD THAT
I WILL REALIZE ALL THE DREAMS THAT HE
MADE ME BELIEVE IN. I'VE BEEN IN THIS
WORLD FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS AND I JUST
CAME TO TERMS WITH HIM THIS SUMMER.
WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER RIGHT?.